Prof. Dr. GABRIELA CRISTESCU
Actual position and workplace:
- Professor at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Sciences, Facultaty of Exact Sciences; “Aurel Vlaicu” University of Arad
- 1979: Graduated from the Mathematics-Mechanics Faculty, „Babeş -Bolyai” University of Cluj-Napoca.
- 1980: Post-graduated specialization in Numerical Analysis, Mathematics-Mechanics Faculty, „Babeş -Bolyai” University of Cluj-Napoca.
- 1998: Doctor în mathematics from Mathematics-Mechanics Faculty, „Babeş -Bolyai” University of Cluj-Napoca, scientific advisor Prof. Dr. Doc. Elena Popoviciu, with the thesis having the title: Extinderea noţiunilor de comportare şi aproximare la unele domenii particulare ale cercetării (Extensions of the notions of behaviour and approximation to some particular domains of the research).
- 2009: Master in Project Management, Faculty of Communications and Public Relations, National School of Politiccal and Administrative Studies, Bucharest.
- 1996 attended courses of Master of Business Administration at University of East London, East London Business School, London UK (within the project TEMPUS JEP 07415/94).
- 1997 – specialisation in academic management and international communications at Université d’Artois, IUT Béthune, France.
Didactic activity / professional activity in education:
· 1980 - 1982 mathematics teacher at Liceul Industrial nr. 1 din Arad, appointed by governmental decision;
· 1982 - 1990 mathematics teacher at Liceul Pedagogic “Dimitrie Ţichindeal” din Arad;
· 1990 - 1998 Senior Lecturer at “Aurel Vlaicu” University of Arad
· 1998 – 2003 Associated Professor at “Aurel Vlaicu” University of Arad
· 2003 – present Professor at “Aurel Vlaicu” University of Arad
Domains of expertise:
- generalized convexity and related topics, with applications in operational research, digital image processing and computational geometry
- mathematical inequalities and applications
- environmental mathematics
- pedagogy of mathematics
18 published books and 121 published papers
Awards: one book and two papers awarded
Romanian Mathematical Society, International Society of Multiple Criteria Decision Making (Athens, USA), PROMETHEUS Working Group in Ethics in Decision Making ( Bruxelles, Belgium), Working Group of Convex Analysis (Riverside, California, USA), Research Group of Mathematical Inequalities and Applications (Melbourne, Australia), American Mathematical Society