Cristian Mihai CIRA, Ph.D.
Graduate Research Assistant
Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering
3101 Shelby Center for Engineering Technology
Auburn, AL 36849-5347
Cristian Mihai Cira, PhD, is a Graduate Research Assistant in the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering at Auburn University, USA. He is currently doing research under the supervision of Dr. Weikuan Yu in the Parallel Architecture and System Laboratory (PASL) . This department laboratory has its research agenda in the areas of high performance computing, fault tolerance, high speed networks, parallel I/O, file and storage systems.
Place of birth: Arad, Romania ;
Position: GRA, Computer Science and Software Engineering, Auburn University, USA;
Languages: Romanian (native), English, French, Hungarian, Italian;
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Diploma in Computer Science at West University of Timisoara, Romania 2002 ;
- M. S. Computer Science at Research Institute for Symbolic Computation (RISC), Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria 2004;
- Diploma in Management at Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad, Romania 2008 ;
- Ph. D. in Computer Science at West University of Timisoara, Romania 2010.
- 2003-2005 UTA, Exact Sciences at Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad;
- 2005-2010 TA, Exact Sciences at Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad;
- 2010-2011 Mathematics GTA la Auburn University, USA;
- 2010 - now Computer Science GRA la Auburn University, USA.
Research interest areas
- Memory systems and architecture;
- Domain 65H05. Numerical methods for solving algebraic equations ;
- Numerical Methods for Algebraic Equations, PAMM, 2004, coauthor.
Papers and conferences
- Finding the solutions of nonlinear equation systems from an interval, SYNASC 2009;
- Start iteration for family of Chebyshev-Halley-type methods, West University of Timisoara, 2009;
- Computation Algorithm for the Topological Degree with Applications in Solutions Separation for Nonlinear Equations, PAMM 2008;
- Start iteration for Ezquerro-Hernandez method, Revue d´Analyse Numerique et de Theorie de l´Approximation, 2008;
- Simultaneous inclusion methods with rate of convergence greater than four, West University of Timisoara, 2008;
- The Algorithm that Determines the Start Iteration of the Halley-Altman Method, SYNASC 2007;
- Start Iteration of the Halley-Altman Method, PAMM 2007;
- The optimum convergence condition for the Durand-Kerner type simultaneous inclusion method, SYNASC 2006;
- Attraction Basin Broyden´s Method (Numerical Experiments), PAMM 2005;
- Intelligent interface for nonlinear equation systems solving, UICS 2009;
- Halley type simultaneous inclusion methods, SYNASC 2004 ;
- Metode simultane de incluziune Wang-Zheng cu corectii, Aurel Vlaicu Univeristy of Arad, 2004