Senior Member of IEEE
The development and promotion of the fuzzy-interpolative systems. Air conditioning, greenhouses, ABS braking and Autonomous Intelligent Cruise Control
2003 - … Associated Professor at "Aurel Vlaicu" University of Arad
- Teaching Electronics, Control Engineering, Computer Modeling, Systems Theory, and Neuro-Fuzzy courses
1993 - 2003 Assistant Professor at "Aurel Vlaicu" University of Arad
1984 - 1994 Engineer at the Research Dept. of "The Design and Scientific Re¬search Institute for Railway Cars" of Arad
- 12 research contracts, 7 patents and other collaborations
- Chief of the Electric Testing Dept. of the Research Lab.
- Major achievements: a fluorescent lamp inverter at 110V applied on Sri-Lanka railway coaches (10,000 pieces) and a 3 phases null insu¬lated networks self-diagnosing protec¬tion device applied in Brazil and Bangladesh and by the Roma¬nian Army
1980 - 1984 Engineer at "Infratirea" Tool Machines Co. of Oradea
- Experi¬ence in PLCs, CNCs and laser interferometers
Main scientific objectives The development and promotion of the fuzzy-interpolative systems. Air conditioning, greenhouses, ABS braking and Autonomous Intelligent Cruise Control, etc.
Education and training
2002 Ph.D. cum laude at "Politehnica" University of Timi¬soara. Title of the thesis: "Fuzzy Interpolative Adaptive Control¬lers with Appli¬cations in the Construction of the Railway Coaches"
1980 Engineer Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunications at "Poli¬tehnica" University of Timisoara, Romania
Main affiliations IEEE: Control Systems and Industrial Electronics Soc.
Senior Member since 2007
EUSFLAT (European Soc. for Fuzzy Logic & Technology)
AGIR (General Association of Romanian Engineers)
Organizational skills and competences - Co-initiator and co-organizer of the Control Engineering and Applied Software Dept. and the afferent laboratories of the university;
- Participating at the Technology Transfer Seminar organized by British Council Romania, 2003 - 2004;
- Director of the Technology Transfer Office of the university;
- Supervisor of several student research teams